Thursday 21 April 2016

Don't Just Sit There Do Something


Don’t just sit there use it.      


Does the title of this blog post suggest I am been rude?

Well I hope not but I had to get your attention.

Often when we as Christians share our thoughts of what the Lord has prompted us to share and sometimes it is as much for us as it is for our congregation or readers.

In this case it is so true.

But I know some one out there in internet land and I have this sense that a number of you folk who read this will get blessed and motivated by this post so please read on.

 

Stewardship


 

When I became a Christian in 1980 I began to read the bible for me this new book was like finding a river full of gold nuggets it has so much wisdom so much truth.

I was living in a non Christian flat at this time and I just could not stop reading this book.

To the extent that my flat mates thought I had gone a little crazy.

One of the truth’s I came upon was what Jesus taught on stewardship.

 

God has given you and me talents and gifts


 

I totally believe every person on God’ earth has been given talents and gifts that are from our heavenly father.

Do you?

You might right now feel like a no one? No talent no gift any hope?

 Like hay man God missed me when he was handing out the candy bars!

But nothing could be further from the truth!

Lets get this straight don’t sit there in your self pity party with your head down because of stuff you have been through in the past we have all had that come on RISE UP OUT THAT BED IN JESUS NAME !

 I won’t YOU TO BE BLESSED whoever you are were ever you are no matter what your struggles no matter what your circumstances.

God has a plan’s and purposes for your life.

Let God touch your heart right now with his word.

Jeremiah 29: 11 the Voice (VOICE) Bible

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Eternal, “plans for peace, not evil, to give you a future and hope—never forget that.

You see God has your life all worked out but it is up to you and me to find his plan his purpose and the talents to help fulfil that plan that’s why he gave them in the first place  

And he has give to us all talents and gifts to use for his glory and to help build his kingdom.

Discover this truth for your self

 

Matthew 25:14-30 English Standard Versions (ESV)

 

The Parable of the Talents


 

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property.

15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away.

16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more.

17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more.

 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money.

 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.

20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.

 You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.’

23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed,

25 so I was afraid and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.’

 26 But his master answered him, ‘you wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed?

27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest.

 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

 

God gave to some of us one talent to some of us he give many talents.


But there is one thing I know through scripture that to every person he gives talents and gifts.

I am now 64 and I know through meeting so many people from all walks of life that so many have been given talents and so many sit on them and others use what they have easy to spot.

It’s biblical.

I really feel very strongly right now that there are people who will read this and say in there heart not me I am just a no one and a nothing.

I have nothing any talent no motivation God has given me nothing.

WRONG.

If this is you friend today I wont you to put you hand on the PC or lap top or I phone right now and ask God to reveal what your talents and gifting are ’.

Begin to seek after the gifts and talents God has blessed you with.

 

 

Concerning God’s gifts and talents  


Sadly this world has a way of putting a value on gifts and talents’

To keep this in perspective I have been so blessed to have been given a gift of music from a young age.

Now the difficulty I see with talents in the year 2016 is that there is a perception that music and the arts are the only talents and gifts.

This in part has been driven by social media videos of talented musicians and reality TV shows like’’ Australians got talent ‘’.

Many who use there talents will not get the applause and hugs at the end of there performance but there is one who will be waiting to hug and applaud them his name is Jesus and he will welcome them in on day with those words well do thy good and faithful servant .

In the parable of the talents  did you notice Jesus did not make a fuss about what those talents were ?

There is no limit on the gifts /talents God gives my late mother who just passed away had a gift of knitting for the blind foundation small coats that were used to keep the puppies warm that is was a gift and talent and mum used it well God Bless her soul .

 

There is no limit to the talents God has blessed mankind with.


 

But God has given so many other talents to so many people.

I see this every were I go.

An example that comes to mind is givers who love care giving and looking after the elderly & disabled.

It is difficult and challenging often those folk are terribly under paid and under valued by society and worse than this many are not appreciated and recognized.

But for most of them they have found there talent there gift to care for others and they are totally in the will of God for there lives they use what they have been given to full fill the will of God for there live s .

You can spot a person who is using there talent and is in the will of God for there life there is that sense of purpose and joy as they go about there daily work.

Some people have talents to grow flowers look after and work with animals.

Some folks have talents just to sit listen to hurting people and bring comfort and hope often this is call pastoral ministry.

Some have talents to preach others to serve as door greeters at church.

Some have talents to clean bathrooms .WHAT! Yes you heard me so never look down on such people who serve they are special in God‘s sight and they have there gifting just as you have yours God puts as much a vale on the bathroom cleaner as he dose on the big time person singing who has just had 23 million views on you tube its just this world that twists the truth also value them! [Tears as I write this].

We have a dear elderly lady in the church that I go to and every Easter she makes the loveliest crosses out of chocolate she has a creative gift of cooking each on is a special gift wrapped normally about 150 of them and given out to every person on Sunday Easter Sunday morning.

What a gif what a blessing I look forward to that each year.

You see when we look at the parable of the talents.

And other scriptures on steward ship in the bible we will discover it’s what we do with the gifts that we have been given by God that really counts. Not the value of the gift that is placed on the gift.

 

Application


If you don’t know what your talents are pray and if you need to fast and pray that the Lord will show you and reveal to you hay and it might take time day’s months but keep trusting him on this and don’t get frustrated.

You can also be practical and try different things and see if something just feels right and begins to fall into place for you.

If you are well aware and I know there are many Christians who are sitting on there gifts [no names] but if you are sitting on your talents that God has given you what do you think you are a bird on a nest no they don’t need keeping warm they were given to you to use for him so be faithful and motivated today and use what you have been given no matter how small or insignificant that might seem.

NB Application to my own life my talent for music I am beginning to extend and use more for his glory .- I perform and worship the Lord on Pan flute /Trumpet
 Max Lines Music

Please feel free to leave a comment ..
This blog go's into many nations through some good value internet advertising .
12 of those nations are Muslim .also China .and 8 other nations
You can help me and Jesus reach hungry souls who do not have access to the word of God by donating below
 
God Bless Max Lines Dip BS [Biblical studies]  

No comments:

Post a Comment